What if… you fill in the blank.
Here’s some common ones:
- What if he hadn’t left me?
- What if I leave him?
- What if I hadn’t taking this job?
- What if I had taking that job?
- What if I run out of money?
- What if I don’t have enough money for retirement?
- What if I get sick and there’s no one to care for me?
- What if no one remembers me when I die?
It doesn’t matter if we are worrying about the past or worrying about the future.
Neither of them are here…
We don’t know what could have happened.
We don’t know what will happened.
It’s said that the emotions of depression and anxiety can be linked to worrying about the past and worrying about the future.
Thing is… we only have the present.
Learn from the past, plan for the future, but live in the now.
All the best, always,
Copyright © 2021 Terry Drew Karanen. All rights reserved. This message may be re-printed, copied and/or forwarded without permission, as long as the content is not altered in any way and credit is given to the author.